Why become a member? Why not?
For more than 40 years the Cooks Creek Watershed Association has been stewards of the creek and watershed which was designated as Exceptional Value Waters by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. This status is the highest rank given to any body of water in the Commonwealth.
All of us who live and drive through Springfield and Durham Township enjoy the beauty of Cooks Creek. Most of the township lands are actually the watershed that feeds this creek and the trout that live in it. Those of us who are fortunate enough to live here are dependent upon this watershed not only for the beauty of the creek but our wells, the wetlands, the wildflowers and all of the beautiful landscapes of our townships. It’s up to all of us to protect this treasure.
The Cooks Creek Watershed Association asks that you become a member and help in the task of protecting this special watershed.
Memberships run the calendar year from January 1 to December 31st.
• Quarterly newsletter on current events and important issues within the watershed and in the region
• Annual Fall Harvest Membership Dinner
• Invitations to special workshops and seminars
• Opportunity to assist in numerous fun and educational activities
• Newsletter and Website Articles
• Educational Events
• Fundraising Activities
• Annual Clean-up Day